I love eating vegetarian/pescetarian most of the time. Overall, no major reason why – I just feel better when I do. I found this recipe on Pinterest a while back and gave it a go for one of my lady bachelor nights. It’s really hardy and super easy to make.
Check out my slightly adapted recipe from thewiegands.com.
ROASTED SWEET POTATO WITH GOAT CHEESE, CHICK PEAS & CILANTRO (serves 2 -3)
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half & brush all sides with olive oil
- Place the sweet potatoes cut side down on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, until completely cooked through
- While sweet potatoes are roasting, combine chickpeas, cheese, salt, pepper and lemon to taste
- Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven and turn them around and use a knife to make little insertions in the middle of the soft flesh
- Divide the chickpeas and cheese over the four halves and place them back into the oven for 10 minutes
- Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven, drizzle with more lemon juice and add the cilantro
- Serve and enjoy!